Welcome to              Electricity 4 Home & Garden  

Note E4 Home and Garden Electricial services currently are on a contract that will be at least until March 2022 before completion. Electricity 4 will not be available before this date. Please contact NAPIT to obtain other contact details of recomended electricians in your area.


  • Domestic Electrical Installations.
  • Portable Electrical Appliance Testing.
  • Electrical Installation Condition Reports.



e4-hg.co.uk                       electricians in norfolk.co.uk norfolklocal-electrician.co.uk           


Stephen Martin is an associated member of Napit. 



NAPIT registered 28043

National Association of Professional Inspectors and Testers

Electricity for Home and Garden is a local, small independent business run by Fakenham based Stephen Martin and operates in the Central Norfolk Area.


We offer qualified electrical services including domestic installations in both home and garden, portable electrical appliance (PAT) testing both 230v and industrial 110v, as well as electrical installation reports.


Also offered are supervised DIY work with full testing and certification, please ask for details before starting any works.


Please contact us today for a free, no obligation estimate or just to discuss your query further.


You can also find us on           




For the homeowner


We offer a range of services to the homeowner as well as landlords from changing a lightbulb to fitting new sockets, services include:

  • Additional sockets
  • Changing light fittings
  • Converting to LED power-saving lighting
  • Power supply to your workshop or annex
  • Outside power and lighting

No job too small, contact us today for a no obligation estimate!



The need for testing


Periodic inspection and testing of electrical installations are needed to ensure  meeting of statutory, legal and insurance obligations.


There is also the added benefit of knowing your electrical installation is safe. This applies to domestic, commercial or industrial premises.


Types of electrical certificates E4 Home & Garden can cover:

Electrical installation condition report.

EICR Certificates.

Electrical Inspection and Testing.

Electrical Visual Inspections, from 2017 this is a yearly requirement for letting a HMO  property.


Do I need a new consumer unit?


Possibly not but, with all the electricial items that we use today and all consumer units working differently it may need to be considered.


The choice of Consumer Unit is vital and depends on the type of supply that you have to your home.


Modern consumer units have mcb's and rcbo's instead of fuses this means no more messing about trying to change the fuse wire in the dark.


We will provide you with the highest quality, modern consumer unit to match the specific requirements for your home.


What about the Cost?

Consumer unit replacement costs can vary, there is generally always remedial work needed either on the earthing, bonding or circuits if, for example a unit moves to a more convienient position.


Before any work is started we will give you a free, no obligation estimate for the work then go through the costings with you so you know what you're being charged for and why.



Will I need a re-wire?


If the wiring in your home is very old, or you have had a test that shows up a bad fault you may need a rewire. A simple and safe test carried out by us with our Kewtech or Megger Testers can confirm either way.


Examples to look out for with your wiring:-

Brittle insulation around connections

Rubber outer coverings

Lead outer coverings


We could visit you at your home or business to review the state of your wiring and give you a clear picture of the work required.


As with all the services we can offer you they would be fully tested, guaranteed and be fully complient with the latest building regulations.



Print Print | Sitemap
© Electricity for Home and Garden. Stephen Martin is member of the National Association of Professional Inspectors and Testers